Dinotots Toothbrushing Programme!
As part of the new curriculum, and to help improve oral health amongst the children, Dinotots will be providing a supervised tooth brushing programme.
About the supervised tooth brushing programme:
- Will be run by the Practitioners in the nursery and supported by fully trained and qualified dentists and dental hygienists
- Takes place after the lunch break each day
- Lasts approximately 20 minutes which is factored into the day’s learning
- Includes supervision of tooth brushing using an age-appropriate fluoride-based toothpaste
- Teaches children how to spit and not swallow the toothpaste
- Includes teaching effective hand washing, to help prevent the spread of germs, illnesses and infections
- Will be continuously monitored and audited by the Practitioners and the dental team to ensure your child is benefitting from the programme.
- All brushes, toothpaste and supplies are provided so there is absolutely no financial obligation to parents for this programme
The Practitioners in Dinotots have completed a training programme taught by the dental team and toothbrushing supervisor, in order for the practitioners to supervise the children’s tooth brushing.
It is important for both parent and child to brush their teeth regularly, to remove bacteria and prevent the build-up of plaque.